Ultrasound is used in many ways in women’s health. We can perform gynecological ultrasound to help diagnose abnormalities in a non-pregnant woman. Treat abnormalities based on ultrasound findings. Ultrasound is also used in pregnancy to identify and confirm due dates, fetal abnormalities, large or small babies.
Ultrasound scan is a non-invasive, accurate and cost-effective investigation in the fetus. It is an important obstetric tool and plays an important role in the care of every pregnant woman.
The major uses of ultrasonography are the following areas:
- Diagnosis and confirmation of early pregnancy
- Vaginal bleeding in early pregnancy
- Determination of gestational age and assessment of fetal size
- Diagnosis of fetal malformation
- Placental localization
- Multiple pregnancies
- Hydramnios and Oligohydramnios
- Other areas