The one-hour glucola screening test will indicate how well your body is using glucose (sugar)
- The drink will taste better if it is cold. Put it in the refrigerator. Do not add ice!
- Most patients glucose screening will coincide with their regularly scheduled appointment but sometimes it is necessary to do the test on a different day. You do not need to make an appointment to have the test done if it will not occur with your regular visit.
- For three days before your test, be sure to eat as you usually do. DO NOT EXCLUDE ANYTHING FROM YOUR DIET.
- The day of your test, you may eat up until the time you drink the glucola. Do not eat foods high in sugar (such as waffles with syrup, regular soda pop, desserts). After you drink the glucola, DO NOT EAT OR DRINK ANYTHING!
The day of the test:
- Drink the glucola about 30 minutes prior to your appointment time (you need to drink it all within 2-3 minutes).
- Note the time that you finish the drink.
- Please tell the lab receptionist what time your drank the glucola.
- They will then draw your blood and give you instructions for receiving your RHOGAM shot, this will be at Marion General Hospital.
- If you have any questions, please call the office.